Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Monday, July 26, 2010

So, today I drove to Ellensburg with 2 of my bosses.  We found out on Friday that one of the employees there won a pretty significant prize package (VIP tickets to the Crowne Plaza Invitational, airfare and accommodations for 2, etc) due to a story that was submitted about his exemplary guest service.  It was fun to be a part of the announcement and celebration.








This is what it got me thinking, though.  There is a reason that I fell in love with this industry a long time ago. I don't get to do it as much now in my current position, but for a few of us out there, hospitality is just a way of life. Making some complete stranger's day with a few kind words or by doing something just a little bit unexpected for them is an amazing feeling.  
Sometimes it's easy to forget that under all the number-crunching and acronyms, this business really is all about making guests happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment