Monday, June 7, 2010

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Ah...Sunday...

Our Sunday was spent walking all over Fremont.  I love going to the Sunday Market there.  It's not exactly a "farmer's market."  There are only a couple of vendors that set up with produce, but there are a dang lot of things to see there.  It's more of an artisan's fair - or maybe more like a really elaborate garage sale.  Hmmm...a garage sale with a lot of shabby-chic furniture and junk and trash, but some really cool crafts, too...if you're willing to look for them.

I could walk around there forever.  I love the people-watching.  I love all the dogs that everyone brings there.  I love the smells of the different foods being prepared (well, except for the falafel that smelled strangely like body odor).  It's a visual smörgåsbord.  (I'd like to point out that I've never actually written out that word and it looks really odd in print)

At the risk of overloading the schmoopy factor, I'd also like to point out that the fact that my boyfriend enjoys doing things like this with me is just about the coolest thing ever.  Ever.





And then, because I live in this crazy Utopian world where everything has suddenly started just being great, (I've decided that it's the universe's way of paying me back for several years of complete nastiness) we decided to watch the sunset again, but this time from the roof of our apartment building as we ate dinner.  Yup, that's the view of the needle from here.  

2 comments:

  1. your view, gorgeous. I really need to get my butt over there to see you...
    miss you. love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like the picture of the umbrella tip best. Great job with the new camera.

    ReplyDelete