Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I drove out to Sequim, Washington today to support one of my new hotels.  They just completed a new solar array on the roof of their property that will supply enough electricity to power their entire meeting space and today was their official "launch".

I love that we live in a society that is learning to support and develop things like this.   It's wonderful that technology this sophisticated is so readily available.  The hotel in Sequim is working hard to capitalize on every "green" opportunity that they can.  The hotel comes compete with a rooftop patio that has planted gardens (to keep the place cooler on top of looking quite nice) in addition to a lot of other things.

It may just be one hotel, but I agree with the owner - We don't have to do it all the save the planet, but if we all contribute just a little, the combination may make all the difference we need.

Here are a few shots from the rooftop (Try to ignore the mid-day light and I'll try to get some pics of the gardens next time):





And here is a shot of the back of the solar array.  Next time, I'll climb over the fence and get some good shots of the front of it.  I just didn't want the 70+ members of the community that were taking tours to catch me climbing over fences in my heels.  I didn't think that would shine too brightly on the brand...


No comments:

Post a Comment