Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Saturday, May 1, 2010

We spent the day hiking in the mountains today to a place called Otter Falls.  It was a nice hike - the trail wasn't all that exciting, but it felt great to be out and the falls were beautiful.

Ready for some irony?  It rained the majority of the day (it will do that here, it is the Pacific Northwest, after all).  We were completely prepared for the rain - the forecast held no surprises.  Several times in the morning, Brian and I commented on how fabulous it is to have all the right gear and how that can really make the difference when you're spending time outdoors.  I even got to use my new camera-specific day pack today, that came complete with it's own raincover.  I'd love to be able to show you some great pictures of the hike that I took with my high tech digital slr and killer lens, but even though I had my precip rain jacket and precip rain pants and gortex boots and camalback hydration system and all the right base and mid layers, I forgot to bring an extra camera battery.  Whoops.

The blackberry pics will have to do.









No comments:

Post a Comment