Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Friday, April 23, 2010

Here's the thing:  I'm just not that girl that flips out about getting older.  We all get older, every day.  What is there to get worked up about?  Maybe someday I'll have issues with admitting how old I am, but good grief, certainly not now.  That being said, just because I don't have any getting older complexes, doesn't mean I enjoy celebrating my birthday.  I don't know why, but people acknowledging my birthday makes me feel really awkward.  I don't need anyone to make a big deal over me, I guess.

Anyhow.  Today was my birthday.  I am thankful to be alive for another year.  I am thankful that I've found ways to be thankful, but at the risk of sounding like a complete sap, here's what I'm really thankful for on this silly day that makes me feel so awkward every year:

Brian is a hard-core romantic, and he's a romantic in the way that really matters (not in the "I'm-going-to-send-you-flowers-all-the-time" way, but more in the "I'm-going-to-figure-out-what-would-really-make-you-smile-and-do-that-all-the-time" way)  It's not a secret that I'm wholly committed to and addicted to Starbucks.  It's almost like religion for me.  For my birthday, Brian bought me an espresso machine so we could bring Starbucks home.  But, he didn't just buy the machine, he practiced making my kind of lattes (actually getting instruction from my baristas downstairs) using very specific ingredients until he could make my drink so perfectly that I can't tell the difference between the ones that he is making for me and the ridiculously over-priced lattes from beast that is Starbucks.

The birthday gift was not just the machine, but the gift of perfect skinny vanilla lattes delivered whenever I want.

Yeah, I know, I'm just that lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment