Friday, March 26, 2010

Monday, March 22, 2010

Today, I am thankful for the delivery of a nasty little meal that I did not order.  This type of thing happens to me.  A lot.

Without this type of mishap, though, sometimes I wonder if I would ever be able to understand what good service can really be.  Although the folks I dealt with at this particular establishment didn't exactly seize the opportunity to exemplify extraordinary service recovery, the entire experience gave me the chance to stretch my metaphoric legs of patience and realize how wonderful it is that things like this don't really phase me anymore.

(I can't say the same for the ridiculous girl in the hotel bar later that evening, but I'm going to attribute that to low blood sugar brought on by not eating dinner)

Anyhow, for now, I'm thankful for giant service blunders and the opportunities they provide.


(By the way, just because you have a nice camera with you, doesn't necessarily make it easy or even remotely inconspicuous to try to take a nice picture.  I'm just saying.)

No comments:

Post a Comment